Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fruit Basket 水果篮子


Fruit Basket
水果篮子
Furuba

One of my favorite! It's funny how I get to know this Anime though. Technically, I'm not the one who found this one, instead it was a present from my mum's friend. She bought this Anime at China and gave it to me. Oh well, everyone know I love Anime. =)

The main theme of this Anime is about Chinese Zodiac. Tohru Honda, who accidentally learns that 13 members of the Sohma family are possessed by different animals in the Zodiac. They are cursed to transform into their animal forms if they are hold by anyone of the opposite site.

It seems like this Anime is a comedy when you first watch it but slowly, you feel warm, love, anger, and sadness. I cried a few times throughout the whole series and then, I thought, "why is that the title Fruit Basket?" I'm a bit shock when Tohru explained that when she was in the kindergarten, all kids were playing a game called Fruit Basket, each kid was assigned a "fruit" name. So, the game starts as one of the kids name a fruit name and so on. While all the kids were getting involved in the game, Tohru on the other hand, sits quietly on the tiny little chair waiting to be called. However, she didn't know that she will never be involved in the game because her name was Onigiri, which is rice ball. My heart shrink for a second when I finally understand the title. How cruel is that if that happens to me? Feeling that I am not belong to the group hurts me badly.

The warm part of it is when Sohma members get to know Tohru and love her as if she belongs to the family. Definitely recommend this Anime. Trust me, I've watched for maybe 3 times? My little cousins love it too. =) Oh well, they are indeed Anime freak like me now. Lolz~

Too many great characters in the series, I don't know which pictures to put!!! I guess I'm gonna go for Yuki then!

One thing that I don't like the Anime is the ending. No exact ending yet so you might want to consider reading Manga version of it then.

WARNING! Long playlist~~~~ ^.^

My heart song:
- For Fruits Basket by Ritsuko Okazaki (in playlist)
- Chiisana Inori by Ritsuko Okazaki (in playlist)
- Sorairo (in playlist)
- Aisubeki Ashita (in playlist)
- Serenade (in playlist)
- Tada Nakitaku Naru no *instrumental* (in playlist)
- Jokyoku Overture *instrumental* (in playlist)
- Secret *instrumental* (in playlist)

Rating: 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment